I am a new member from California

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

slophotopro

I am a new member from California

Post by slophotopro »

My training in photography was in photoinstrumentation long word for technical photography, at Milwaukee Area Technical College in Milwuakee, ws.

There we leaned to make our own strobs and sound triggers. That was in the 70's before digital world and even chips. I fell in love with macro when I took 2 4x5 camera bellows and connected them with an enlarger lens to get a shot of the eye of a needle. Soon I had a bellow for my Pentex spot meter camera reverse rings. I would be fond at the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory with my tripod with the head at the bottom with the camera hanging on upside down attached to a bellows and a long zoom telephoto. I was on my stomach and head caulked back. Aimed at a flower with people standing around saying what is he doing.
I wanted to be a medical photographer but found that most of the doctors were taking their own shots, and the photographers that I knew who were in the field were doing shots of the board of Directors more then what they love to do. I did study at a hospital where they did medical photography and have slides with cross sections of medical things.
When I left school I had to make a living so I worked as a lab tech, theatre photographer, photographer for Canine Companions for Independence, they train dogs for the disabled and deaf, convention photography for United Way. I was the photographer for any business I worked for. And needing to pay rent photography was no longer my income. But I never stopped shooting.

Now I am near retirement and have found something I really loved. And maybe your site will get me back on the wagon. There are things in my back yard that I want to shoot that most people can not even see. There is a plant in my back yard that sprouts flowers the size of the head of a pin. and when you get really close they look like roses.

I love maro, micro, schlieren photography, and so much more.
I wonder if anyone has shot macro holography...dream on.

I do my computer work on a Mac.

Hope to have fun here.
The only other forum I am on is TnTTT.com where we build our own teardrop trailers. I am on my 2nd one. When it is finished I can go out camping and take along my macro equipment.

Ron

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

Hi Ron, welcome to the group.

I can assure you retirement is a wonderful thing if you have hobbies and plans to fill your time (which you clearly do). Best thing that ever happened to me for sure, every day is a Saturday :)

Looking forward to seeing your images in the near future - intrigued to see those "little roses" in particular...

Cheers
Beats

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic