I'm Andy from Cairns, Australia

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

cadman342001

I'm Andy from Cairns, Australia

Post by cadman342001 »

Not sure whether I have ever bothered to do this before, my bad if not.

I live in Cairns which is in Tropical Northern Queensland, Australia. It's on the east coast just about where the "dog's ear" pointy bit starts if you know what I mean !

We have some of the world's oldest rainforest - Cape Tribulation, The Daintree etc, the Great Barrier Reef etc. on our doorstep. Bugs all year round ! big crocodiles ! stinger jellyfish ! snakes ! spiders ! etc etc

We moved here 9 years ago from N.W. England. I used to be a structural CAD draughtman but am now a full time freelance photographer - which actually equates to about 10 days work a year :) which I'm ok with, just not sure my wife is ! :D

Andy

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Andy,

What a grand life! The rest of us can only envy. Thanks for filling us in.

--Chris

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Cape Tribulation, The Daintree etc, the Great Barrier Reef etc.
I was visiting these places about 10yrs ago...would be so nice to live there!
Pau

Tom Jones

Post by Tom Jones »

Andy,

You neglected to mention you were dead center in the line of totality for the total solar eclipse not too long ago. :D A colleague of mine stopped there to check out the eclipse and was very impressed with your town. I wish I could have gone along.

Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic