Hi, new member learning new skills!

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

stevesteve

Hi, new member learning new skills!

Post by stevesteve »

Hi,

My name is Steve and I live near London in the UK. I have always had a microscope as far back as I can remember, from the little plastic-framed one that my parents gave me. As a 17 year old I did a project on insect mouthparts and used the schools beautiful Zeis Photomicroscope II.

Fast forward a few years and I was a student (Geology/Biology) and owner of a boom-mounted stereo mic and an old petrological (polarising) one too. As a post-grad all my work was done using stereo mics and SEMs.

Now after years in an different field I find my self back doing some science in my own time. I have just bought a Realux BK5000T trinocular microscope and a Canon 1000D to go on it (waiting for the relay lens adapter!).

My main interest is going to be plant thin sections although I have to admit that pond water is addictive.

What drew me to this site? Well I have always enjoyed macrophotography (I owned a Zenit camera with M42 bellows as a teenager). The thing that actually linked to this site was Ecki's (Eckhard?) fantastic Etzold staining of botanical material.

Cheers
Steve
Cheers,
Steve

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I had a Zenit "E" - posh, eh? Welcome to the forum!

stevesteve

Post by stevesteve »

Thanks Chris,
The more 'manual' a camera the more you learn. My kids have no idea how a camera actually works!

Cheers
Steve
Cheers,
Steve

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Pass the collodion bottle ... ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic