Earwig and grass hopper study study

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

:shock: :shock:

Wow! With that much cleanup in post, the phrase "photorealistic painting" comes to mind.

Can you tell us more about your techniques and how long this takes??

I am particularly curious about how you handle the hundreds of irregular dark areas that look like waterdrop stains.

--Rik

daemonoropsis

Post by daemonoropsis »

rjlittlefield wrote::shock: :shock:

Wow! With that much cleanup in post, the phrase "photorealistic painting" comes to mind.

Can you tell us more about your techniques and how long this takes??

I am particularly curious about how you handle the hundreds of irregular dark areas that look like waterdrop stains.

--Rik
Hehe, I payed my bills during my university days shooting beauty photography for makeup artists who needed before/after photos. Naturally we cheated big time so I have retouched many many square feet of facial skin :) Basically I go over the entire image at 800% doing pixel retouch. cloning, healing, localized curves. An image like this took maybe 4-5 episodes of doctor who :) (I work fastest with something running in the backhround).

I will often miss something so I have a folder that cycles my images as wallpapers on my home and work computers, it's a nice way of finding stupid mistakes that I then go back and fix later.

If there is an interest I could maybe record the screen while retouching an image? I dont do commented videos but a 10x speed video might be interesting to some?
(I cant promise when I have the time to do it though)

GemBro

Post by GemBro »

oh right the old blower and Photoshop ... good to see the difference ... cool, thanks ...

And yes I'm too into Photoshop retouching in a big way ... and like you love using it for cleaning up images ... beauty and other ... I use blending methods more than plugins ...

Gem
Canon 550D(T2i) ML (Nightly Builds) | Canon 5D MKII | Raynox 250 | Palinar 35mm f2.8 (reversed) | EL-Nikkor 50mm f2.8 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 | Bellows | Objectives: LOMO 3.7x 0.11 : 8x 0.20 : 40x 0.65
RiG II - 'Bamboo': Olympus CH Focus Block with Inverted Arca/Swiss | Canon 430 EX (x2) | Olympus T20 flash (x2) | Youngnuo YN-622C Wireless triggers (x3) | Ikea Jansjo 3W LED Lighting (x3)
Stepper Motor Focusing System (Helicon Remote)

canonian

Post by canonian »

Just had a peek at your Flickr images.
Your work remind me of another great photoshop artist , Tomas Rak / Tomatito.
The same uberclean and PP-ed to the max images, spending many many hours on this stacks.

Hats off to your PS skills and congrats on getting the frontpage.

scitch

Post by scitch »

I would definitely love to see a screen capture video of your touch-up procedure. That could be extremely educational.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic