Macro/micro plays big role in video at FITC conference

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Macro/micro plays big role in video at FITC conference

Post by rjlittlefield »

Over the past few months we've seen several postings at photomacrography.net regarding videos that combine focus stacking with object or camera motion.

Some email recently called to my attention that two videos using these techniques were shown a few weeks ago at the FITC conference in Amsterdam. Replays of those videos can be watched at http://vimeo.com/87482777 and http://vimeo.com/87482774. As I understand it, the first one was shown at the beginning of the conference as the "main title sequence", and the second one was shown later as a "making of" video.

Much of the photo technology used in these films will be familiar to members of this forum.

In fact, a lot of them came from this forum by means of "how can I do this?" postings and private messages.

But I thought it was interesting to see how they were used in a way that would appeal to the FITC audience. Of course finding myself listed in the credits was pretty cool, too. :wink:

--Rik

canonian

Re: Macro/micro plays big role in video at FITC conference

Post by canonian »

rjlittlefield wrote:Much of the photo technology used in these films will be familiar to members of this forum.
Amazing video which shows the beauty of seeing everyday things in close-up.
Made with simple tools: an old Asahi Pentax Bellows II, a fairly simple Nikon 4/0.10 objective ...and a trial version of Zerene :wink:
I do like the custom build automated stage.

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

I enjoyed the presentations; good vision, visuals and outcome.....also rather inspirational.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic