possible fraud warning on ebay

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Sam236

possible fraud warning on ebay

Post by Sam236 »

the listing 171297430531 on ebay is a possible fraud. the item was sold in 4/7/2014 from poland. this is a new seller and used the exact same pictures. already reported to ebay. olympus's stuff is red hot on ebay, and now there are more people trying to take advantage of it. you can always place a bid since ebay is almost always on the buyer's side.

Sam

abpho

Post by abpho »

Seller also has a 0 rating.
I'm in Canada! Isn't that weird?

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

Everybody starts out with a "0" rating until they sell a number of things which some folks never do. For the first sales until you get a feedback of 25 they hold your money in case there is a problem especially if it is a high priced item.

I have been on ebay since 1998 and have like 1100 mostly buying transactions. I opened an ID for selling only which has gone much slower and they are still slow to release the money.

If you pay with Paypal you are pretty safe between ebay and Paypal buyer (and seller) protections.

That said if the exact pictures have been seen before that is a red flag.
Although ocassionally legitimate sellers who don't have a camera handy will "steal" pictures and reuse them. I have seen that a few times.

hkv

Sold item

Post by hkv »

Here is the old listing which was sold for $3000. It was from Sweden. Not only pictures are the same, text also!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-BX41TF- ... 3cdf0dcbc6

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

I did also report the auction.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic