Red Palm Weevil (Rhynchophorus ferrugineus)

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Excellent work Yousef, the antenna image is amazing! Love the detail.

The weevil is so clean, what did you do to prepare it, it looks spotless!

Robert

canonian

Post by canonian »

Congratulations, Yousef, for winning the Administrators Appreciation Award.
Rik chose wise you are an excellent macrophotographer, and all your shots show a consistent high level of quality.
Some members of the forum raise the bar quite high and you are one of them.

Yousef Alhabshi

Post by Yousef Alhabshi »

canonian wrote:Congratulations, Yousef, for winning the Administrators Appreciation Award.
Rik chose wise you are an excellent macrophotographer, and all your shots show a consistent high level of quality.
Some members of the forum raise the bar quite high and you are one of them.
Thank you Fred for your kind words. I'm happy to be part of this community surrounded by such a professional, talented & knowledgable guys such as you.
Without you guys, I wouldn't be here in this 1st place.. so, i'm the one who's thankful :)

Yousef Alhabshi

Post by Yousef Alhabshi »

Planapo wrote:Aesthetically highly appealing and technically perfect!

It's always a pleasure to look at your photos, Yousef! =D>

--Betty
Thanks Betty, the pleasure is all mine :)
RogelioMoreno wrote:Wow, amazing work!

Rogelio
Appreciate your kindy words Rogelio.. Thanks
harisA wrote:Amazing images....This bug has eliminated most of the palm trees here in Greece.They are very widely spread.I once found one alive inside my house!
Since I shoot this speice, I was interested to read about it a little more.. & I was surprised to know the thread this weevil have done to many countries!!
RobertOToole wrote:Excellent work Yousef, the antenna image is amazing! Love the detail.

The weevil is so clean, what did you do to prepare it, it looks spotless!

Robert
Hi Robert,
Not all my subjects are clean in usual. with this one, it was an easy task luckily since there was almost no hairs involved here -which I hate the most!- therefore a quich water cleaning should do most of the job & the rest can be handled with Photoshop or any smiliar editing softwares.

abpho

Post by abpho »

Congrats on making the monthly front page.
I'm in Canada! Isn't that weird?

DQE

Post by DQE »

Somehow I missed these photos during the time they were originally posted, but fortunately I was made aware of them due to the Administrators Award for February. Congratulations for this winning this well-deserved award.

I am quite overwhelmed at the quality of the lighting as well as the technical quality and beauty of the stacked images. To me, these photos go far beyond what can be accomplished by most macro photographers. The lighting, the detail, and the overall aesthetic appeal of these photos are incredible in my opinion.

Thank you so very much for creating these photos and for sharing them with this forum.
-Phil

"Diffraction never sleeps"

babilon76

Post by babilon76 »

Congratulations Yousef for the front page!
Your work is always excellent!!! A joy to see

yaya21

Post by yaya21 »

incredible!

GemBro

Post by GemBro »

Quality images Yousef ... love the last one ... that's a beauty for sure ...

I'm new here (lurking) and I'm taking all the knowledge in that you guys are dishing out, in this fantastic forum ...

"one day Gem ... one day" ...

Gem
Canon 550D(T2i) ML (Nightly Builds) | Canon 5D MKII | Raynox 250 | Palinar 35mm f2.8 (reversed) | EL-Nikkor 50mm f2.8 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 | Bellows | Objectives: LOMO 3.7x 0.11 : 8x 0.20 : 40x 0.65
RiG II - 'Bamboo': Olympus CH Focus Block with Inverted Arca/Swiss | Canon 430 EX (x2) | Olympus T20 flash (x2) | Youngnuo YN-622C Wireless triggers (x3) | Ikea Jansjo 3W LED Lighting (x3)
Stepper Motor Focusing System (Helicon Remote)

BernardoSegura

Post by BernardoSegura »

great details!! congrats

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic