Stacks Collection (Wasps, Robberfly & Beetle)

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Gérard-64

Post by Gérard-64 »

Excellent as usual!

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

The thing is, by using the flash i'm losing the EFSC feature at higher magnification. I thought it would be better to handle Hi-mag with continuous lighting due to the long exposure + EFSC combination.
You said electronic flash.. do you mean using the flash normally or am I missing something with the word "electronic"?
Yes, with Canon you cannot have EFSC along with a flash... I don't know about other cameras brands that also have some models with EFSC capability. (When I say "electronic flash" I only mean the regular flash units used these days, not any special technique).

Very short duration flash can be very effective at minimizing vibration problems from either equipment or environmental sources. But if you really do have external, "environmental" vibration issues it is especially useful, as eliminating these without flash can often be complicated and possibly expensive.

IMO, the biggest advantage to using continuous light is the ability to actually see the lighting on the subject as you set it up and make slight changes. Sometimes a very subtle change in a light position or a reflector position can make a big difference in the picture. Not that it can't be done with flash, but it sometimes takes many test shots to get it "right".

johan

Post by johan »

Yousef I hope you don't mind but a quick note of appreciation from me for your work, which I've looked a lot at over on Flickr. What (I think) you do really well or rather what I especially like is the way you seperate foreground and background and really make the head pop. This gives your stuff a distinctive style, one I enjoy. Bravo. Your award is very much deserved.
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

canonian

Post by canonian »

Yousef, congratulations on your well deserved award, my friend.

Yousef Alhabshi

Post by Yousef Alhabshi »

@Gerard-64:
Thank you Gerard

@Charles:
Apology for the late reply
I'm doing some new tests in order to see if I can reduce the vibration with my new setup.. obviously, vibration issues start with my 20x & beyond!
Agree with you on your last point.. using the flash is very tricky as the slightest change in directions can leads into totally different result!
Appreciate your help

@Johan:
Can't thank you enough for your kinds words.. I'm all honored dear
Your works aren't any less than great as well ;)

@Canonian:
Thank you so much Fred.. Appreciate it
Looking for your next works ;)

Saul

Post by Saul »

Perfect photos, amazing quality !!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic