Olympus MPlan 10x/0.25

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Dezerland

Olympus MPlan 10x/0.25

Post by Dezerland »

Hello and thanks for the Welcome!
I got a question and hope to find some help over here. I got a older Olympus MPlan 10x/0.25 microscope objectiv from a friend and hope to find some more informations about Tube length and if it’s Finity or Infinity. May someone can help me! Thanks so far!
Attachments
2342B7E6-5A4E-49F3-ACE3-E1E39CA055A8.jpeg
B6621C06-9653-4FEB-9F63-A39EC2568A4C.jpeg

Alan Wood

Re: Olympus MPlan 10x/0.25

Post by Alan Wood »

Olympus M Plan objectives are intended for reflected light use, with no coverslip.

They are finite, designed for 210 mm tube length.

http://www.alanwood.net/olympus/microsc ... tives.html

Alan Wood

Sym P. le

Post by Sym P. le »

Alan, thanks for pointing that out. Even after speed reading a pile of material, I couldn't find that detail. Is there a certain metalurgical scope from Olympus for which these objectives are intended or were there various addons to basic models?

Edit 2: I'm currently answering my own question by reading more of your material. Thanks

Alan Wood

Post by Alan Wood »

The M Plan objectives were supplied with the BH version of BHM metallurgical microscope.

I have not yet found a brochure, but I have the instruction manual:
http://www.alanwood.net/downloads/olymp ... ctions.pdf

There was a later BH-2 version of the BHM that used infinity-corrected objectives and different reflected light attachments.

Alan Wood

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

If you are planning to use it for macro style work (direct projection without eyepiece) be aware of that most finite objectives of this vintage need compensating eyepieces to complete the aberrations correction of the objective. I'm not sure with this one but almost sure.
Alan, correct me if wrong
Pau

Alan Wood

Post by Alan Wood »

Pau is correct.

This objective needs to be used with an FK photo eyepiece for photomicrography, or with WF 10× eyepieces for visual observation.

The eyepieces are shown at the end of this brochure:
file:///C:/Users/Alan/Documents/HTMLdev/alanwood.net/downloads/olympus-micro-optics.pdf

Alan Wood

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic