Help needed: DIC components necessary for my Oly

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Macro_Cosmos

Re: Help needed: DIC components necessary for my Oly

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

pbraub wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 pm
One of the benefits of using uis2 prisms is (afaik) that you do not need specific apo prisms (e.g. u-dpa40) - and this seems to hold true for your uis apo.
Maybe we should start out some knowledge base for hobbyists :-)

Peter
Absolutely agree, we should make some kind of database for these prisms and their performance with specifically mismatched objectives, and even extend to cross branded ones, if that is applicable. It will save a great deal of time and nuisance, and money too. Besides from one retired Olympus techie, I haven't found or seen any solid source backed up with images. It's all anecdotes and theory talk.

This will have to be a project involving many in the community with time, sufficient knowledge, and of course, a deep wallet or access to adequate equipment. It's not going to be easy.

Here's mine for now...
UIS2: U-DIC100 U-DIC40
Works with UIS: 100x UplanApo NA 0.5-1.35, 40x UplanApo NA 0.5-1.0 (phase contrast)
I can also try out the 100x FL. I see no DIC effect with the 60x Apo, ruining my slide for nothing. :smt010

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic